Easily Learn How to Build a Mobile App
What’s up guys,
my name is Nick and I wanted to share this killer mobile app development resource with you real quick. I know time is of the essence so I’ll cutout the bullsh*t and get right to it.
Learning how to create an app or trying to learn any of the different coding languages sucks if you try to do it the traditional way. First of all, college is expensive and going to a school like Full Sail can end up costing you well over $100,000… trust me, I’ve already looked into their admissions so I know first hand.
And then there’s the “learn on your own” route where you buy a bunch of books and try to teach yourself what you need to know. But I know for me personally, that just doesn’t fly, reading for me doesn’t always translate to knowing how to do something.
Since I wasn’t willing to pay hundreds of thousands of dollars for college and I didn’t want to waste my time with boring books, I needed an alternative, and with today’s technology I new I just needed to buckle down and do some searching.
So after what seemed like years of searching the internet, I finally found something that was worth it, something that seemed like it would be a great fit for my life. That something is a service called Treehouse, and it’s basically an online school for learning how to make apps and websites yourself.
It’s sort of a “hands-on” type training that teaches you how coding works through streaming videos. Once you’ve watched one video, you try it yourself, take a test on it and earn a badge every time you pass. It’s super easy, super simple stuff.
I’m a roofer turned mechanic turned normal guy with an interest in technology and I learn best by trial and error, or simply trying things until I get it. So this type of learning is perfect for me, I can see how the code is written and then I can do it myself. Plus, I work full-time so the fact that you can learn at your own pace is really good for me.
Basically you can learn how to develop apps and then market yourself to employers or you can start building your own apps and try to make a living from that.
I got together with the people from Treehouse and I scored us some pretty cool free stuff. If you’re interested in a free month of learning from Treehouse, some free videos or if you want to get some free gifts (eBooks, fonts, design images, stock images etc.) from Treehouse, just enter your email below and I’ll do the rest.
Why Should You Learn Mobile App Development??
To get an idea of just how important a mobile application could be to you or your business, lets take a look at some of the mobile statistics from 2011. In 2011 there were 835 million smartphone users and 5.6 billion feature phone users, with 64% of their time being spent on mobile apps.
To dive even further into those mobile statistics, we can break down the period of time spent on mobile phones into specific usage data, 13.4% is spent texting, 11.1% is spent using the browser, 5.5% of the time is spent on social networking apps, 5.4% is actually used on the dialer, 5.3% of the time is spend using email/IM, 2.3% of the time is used listening music/video, 1.1% is spent using the camera and 55.8% of the time is spent using miscellaneous apps.
Basically what the actual usage data shows, is that most users spend more than half of their time using mobile apps and not the core communication functions of the phone. Also, it’s shown that adults spend more time reading or watching media on a mobile phone than they do from an actual magazine or newspaper. What this means for mobile developers or people who build apps, is that the market for almost any app idea is there, and not only is it there but it’s exploding.
Yes, You Can Create A Mobile Application!
Being involved with the mobile application market is a must for any person, entrepreneur, or business owner…point blank, period. However, most people are under the misconception that you must be a web developer or coding phenom to build, test and launch a mobile application, this couldn’t be further from the truth. The fact of the matter is, learning how to create an app can be accomplished by anyone.
Learning how to work with mobile technologies like iOS and Android can be done anyone with a basic understanding of mobile software, in combination with the right tools of course. If you weren’t interested in the above offer, you can always check out these awesome mobile coding options as well.
11 Mobile App Resources!
- Android OS Developers Resource- This is the main developing resource for the Android OS market. Java is the preferred language and users can download the Android SDK (Software Development Kit) free of charge. However, there is a one-time fee of $25 that goes to Android for the distribution of your app into the Android Application Market.
- TreeHouse Learning Center – The people over at Treehouse really hit the nail on the head if you ask me. If you’re a “hands on” type of student who’s on a very slim budget, then Treehouse is the perfect option for you to learn the basics of mobile app development. First you use interactive methods to learn a particular lesson, then you actually try to duplicate what you’ve learned before you move on to the next chapter. They provide easy, interactive, online learning a cheap monthly price…. for me that’s perfect!
- BlackBerry OS Developers Zone- Although they are struggling, BlackBerry offers one of the largest mobile networks and uses Java-micro as the preferred coding language. There is a $200 fee per every 10 apps but this fee can sometimes be waived via other promotional offers.
- Apple OS Developers Resource- Apple offers complete mobile application development training as well as a mobile app developing resource for an annual fee of $99. Apple’s preferred coding language is Objective C and developers will be required to work with the Objective C language.
- Appcelerator- This is a mobile developing community and platform that uses the Titanium SDK to allow apps to work in both Android OS and Apple iOS devices. However, this is not a free service, it will cost you $199 per month for Titanium Professional or you can go bigger with the Titanium Enterprise package for $699 per month.
- MotherApp- This is a web-based service that allows developers to build an app in the MotherApp html format. Once the app is built using the MotherApp standards, developers can then send the html coded application to MotherApp to be readied for both Apple and Android operating sytems.
- PhoneGap- This service allows developers to build an app in their preferred source code, whether it be HTML, java or CSS. Once the app has been developed by said developer, then it can be sent to PhoneGap to be prepared for multiple mobile platforms such as iOS and Android OS.
- AppMakr- This is an open source service that allows people to build mobile apps for Android, iOS and Windows OS without needing any coding or coding know-how. The service is free and has helped thousands of people without coding experince build and launch mobile apps.
- MyAppBuilder- This is service that allows you to submit an app blueprint, along with it’s operational flow chart and feature functions information, to be developed by the My App Builder team. Once submitted you are charged $29 to have your app developed and launched into the iOS market.
- MobiCart- This is a service that offers free development of a mobile commerce application that integrates with PayPal, basically a mobile store that sells your specific products via mobile application. Simply upload your company logo, product pictures, prices etc. to get started.
- WiziApp – This is a service that will turn your WordPress powered blog into a clean, user friendly, mobile application. This is perfect for any magazine style blog that’s powered by WordPress. The services comes in 3 prices ranges, $29, $69 or $99 per month, depending on your specific needs.